Friday, September 28, 2007

Look At My Pictures, or, the Call 'o "SEE 'EM"!

Man, I'm really reaching for the pun there."You're the top...you're the Coliseum. You're the top...you're the Louvre museum."
They used to flood this bottom area and have mock naval battles. Dr. Redfield confirmed this.
There's a stage! They still use the Coliseum for performances occasionally. I NEED to go to one of these.
Nothing like taking a picture while stretching, Cassie.
Una bella vista.
Mystery arch? No one sitting around me can figure out which one this is.
Justin is the haps.
If only Max Working had a Myspace page.
See those plastic-y, fake looking columns to the left? They put those up for use in midnight fashion shows. I have no idea why the old people depicted found me so interesting.
Moments before, this man was dressed as a Gladiator. They have these fake Gladiators/Centurions that walk around the Forum exhorting you to take expensive pictures with them. So kind of like Disney mascots, except more explicitly violence-related.
"You see, Artie, these are cobblestones."
"Very interesting."
Dan and Sonia are presenting on the church San Clemente, WHICH I SAW A HISTORY CHANNEL SPECIAL ON THE DAY BEFORE I LEFT. Remember that, Mom? They were walking through a darkened corridor and the host was totally nerding out! I HAVE BEEN THERE NOW.
The Vittorio Manuele monument is actually pretty from this angle.
You can't see it that well, but that sign says: "Spider-Man: piĆ¹ umano dei super-uomini." (Spider-Man: The Most Human of the Superheroes.") I promise I'll post pictures of this exhibit later.
Little Caesar's statue.
This is a car we saw near our hotel. It had this on its window.
It is covered in fur. FUR!
Gross.
Sei serio? Ma va.
Temple of the Vestal Virgins.
The Arch of Trajan is in the middle of the picture, while the large square building to its right is the Curia Hostilia, or the ancient roman Senate building (still standing!)
Our fearless leaders, Professor Redfield and Maggie!
As we were walking by, some people were excavating a site in the forum.
OMG GEEK OUT.
That's it for today. I still have loads of pictures, but I also have loads of reading to do this weekend.

A dopo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MAN THESE PICTURES ONLY MAKE ME HATE YOU MORE.

I love Justin's FACE in that one, and, of course, the constant epic which is Max's hair. Oh, right, and the Col-o-see-em. When I was there, I too was rather wowed by the gladiators walking about; also there was, inexplicably, a pool set up in the middle. My father and I deduced that there must be gladiator synchronized swimming instead of those old naval battles.

Anyway, you sound like you are living in awesome. How's the food, by the by? How are those Vestial Virgins, nudgenudgewinkwink? Keep Rome'n, keep rambling to us.

Stacy said...

Although Mussolini rebuilt the Curia from its original materials.